Link Crew is a national organization that assists school-site personnel to train members of the Junior and Senior class to be leaders and mentors for incoming freshman. As positive role models, Link Leaders are motivators and teachers who guide the freshmen to discover what it takes to be successful in high school and in life.
Link Crew's goal is to provide schools with a structure in which students make real connections with each other. Through this program, students learn that people at CVCHS care about them and their success.
Link Crew begins with a spirited and interactive week-long freshman summer program before the start of the school year. The first week of the Freshman Transition Summer Program is a graduation requirement for all incoming students. It includes a variety of academic and social orientation activities that are designed to:
· Welcome and orient the freshmen to their new campus
· Help students understand the social, extracurricular, and academic climate of CVCHS
· Promote a sense of wellness and better communication with peers
· Have fun and begin to build a positive, productive learning community using the guiding principles of the Clayton City Council’s character education program called “Do the Right Thing”
· Administer three career assessments on aptitude, preference/interest, and personality
· Promote higher education
· Encourage students to think about the path they will take during the next four years, and beyond.
Link Crew continues throughout the school year by providing a variety of follow up activities in their PE9 classes. Link Leaders visit freshman physical education classes twice a month and conduct a variety of fun and experiential team-building activities based on the six Do the Right Thing guiding principles: